Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Korma
Finished with sour cream, this nicely spiced vegetable curry is extra-creamy and decadent.
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Mins
Prep Time: 35 Mins
Cook Time: 35 Mins
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh ginger
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chickpeas
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground turmeric
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garam masala
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cumin
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground coriander
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) chili powder
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup (125 mL) sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- ½ cup (125 mL) canned coconut milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) cauliflower, roasted
- ¼ cup (60 mL) ground almonds
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) Beatrice 18% Sour Cream, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked basmati rice, for serving
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Melt butter in high-sided skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and ginger for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chickpeas, turmeric, garam masala, salt, pepper, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin, coriander and chili powder; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth and coconut milk; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until chickpeas are very tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in cauliflower and ground almonds; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until cauliflower is heated through and sauce is thickened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in ¼ cup (60 mL) of the sour cream; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with drizzle of the remaining sour cream, sliced almonds and cilantro.
- For Chicken and Roasted Cauliflower Korma variation, substitute sliced boneless, skinless chicken thighs for chickpeas.
- Alternatively, serve korma with warm naan bread instead of rice.
- To roast cauliflower, toss with 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, and a pinch each of the salt and pepper. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly charred in spots and tender.