- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 6 Tbsp of butter
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 8 slices crusty sandwich bread
- 8 slices Cracker Barrel Marble Slices
- In a large skillet over medium high heat melt 2 Tbsp of butter. Add sliced onions and ½ tsp of salt. Let onions cook for a few minutes then stir. Let onions cook until they start to become translucent, stirring occasionally. Once onions start to get some colour reduce heat to medium and let cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring often, until caramelized. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a bowl combine ground beef with 1 tsp of salt, mix and shape into 4 patties roughly the shape or your bread.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in in large skillet. Cook patties for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt remaining butter in skillet. Place 4 slices of bread into skillet. Top each with 1 slice of Cracker Barrel Marble Slices, cooked patty, caramelized onions and another slice of Cracker Barrel Marble Slices. Top each with another slice of bread and let them cook for 3-4 minutes. Carefully flip each patty melt and let them cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!