- 450g President crumbled feta
- ½ cup Olympic Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- Optional toppings: lemon zest, chili flakes, olive oil.
- Place the President crumbled feta, Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, and black pepper in a food processor or blender.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the processor or blender as needed.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired, adding more lemon juice or black pepper as needed.
- Transfer the whipped feta dip to a serving bowl.
- Optional: Sprinkle with additional crumbled feta, chopped fresh herbs or red pepper flakes for added flavor and visual appeal. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with your choice of dippers
Fresh vegetables: Sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, radishes, bell pepper strips, carrot sticks, or blanched asparagus spears.
Pita chips or bread: Cut pita bread into triangles and lightly toast them in the oven until crisp. Alternatively, serve with crusty bread slices or baguette.
Pretzels: Mini pretzels or pretzel sticks can add a fun and crunchy element to the dip.
Roasted vegetables: Roasted sweet potato wedges, cauliflower florets, or zucchini rounds can complement the creamy dip nicely.
Fruits: Try apple slices, pear slices, or grapes for a sweet and savory combination.
To add an extra layer of flavor, drizzle the whipped feta dip with a touch of honey or balsamic glaze just before serving. The sweet-savory contrast can elevate the taste of the dip and add a pleasant complexity.
When stored properly, whipped feta dip can typically be kept for about 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. Remember to use your best judgment and discard the dip if it appears or smells spoiled.