The Forget About It Burger
This over-the-top loaded Italian burger is definitely indulgent –but sometimes you gotta eat what you wanna eat!
Total Time: 15 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 2 (4 oz) beef patties
- 1 Processed Cheddar Cheese Slice
- 1 Asiago Cheese Slice
- 1 burger bun, split
- 2 bacon slices, cooked
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sautéed mushrooms
- ¼ cup (60 mL) arugula
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) garlic aioli
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) caramelized onions
- 2 pepperoncini, for garnishing
- Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grate well. Grill beef patties for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through and instant-read thermometer inserted into centre of each patty reaches 160°F (71°C). Top 1 patty with Cheddar cheese slice; top remaining patty with Asiago cheese slice. Grill for about 1 minute or until cheese starts to melt.
- Meanwhile, grill bun for 30 to 60 seconds or until lightly toasted; grill bacon for 30 to 60 seconds or until heated through.
- Assemble patties in bun with mushrooms, arugula, bacon, aioli and caramelized onions. Garnish with pepperoncini.
Serve with French fries and/or a tossed green salad.